- Physical Location: G90 Foreign Languages Building
- Mailing Address: Linguistics | 4080 FLB | MC-168 | 707 S Mathews Ave. | Urbana IL 61801
- Telephone: (217) 244-3063
- Illinois Phonetics & Phonology Lab website
- Meet the current Lab Assistants
This is the public front page for the University of Illinois Phonetics & Phonology Lab Wiki. You must be a registered user to proceed to the Main Menu, the private portal to the wiki. On the Main Menu you will find out about resources available in the lab and how to use them, meetings in the lab, people in the lab and the research we're conducting. Enjoy (and contribute to) the Wiki! We hope you will help make it a valuable reference tool for the University of Illinois Phonetics & Phonology Community.
What is a Wiki?
According to the Wikipedia, a wiki is a website that allows the visitors themselves to easily add, remove, and otherwise edit and change available content, typically without the need for registration. This ease of interaction and operation makes a wiki an effective tool for mass collaborative authoring. The term wiki also can refer to the collaborative software itself (wiki engine) that facilitates the operation of such a Web site, or to certain specific wiki sites, including the computer science site (the original wiki) WikiWikiWeb and on-line encyclopedias such as Wikipedia.
Already a registered user?
Not yet a registered user?
You must be a registered user to proceed beyond this page and access the content of the wiki. If you are a registered student, staff, or faculty member at the University of Illinois and would like access, please contact Professor Ryan Shosted to set up a username and password.
- The above link will give some general pointers for beginners.
- Consult the User's Guide for more information on using the wiki software.